Please Share this Post
The healthcare aggregator industry is a rapidly growing field with plenty of opportunity for growth, but it’s important to know what you’re getting into. This article gives an overview of the industry and shares some tips on how to get started with healthcare aggregator business.read more
Introduction to Healthcare Aggregator Business
1. What is a Healthcare Aggregator Business?
A healthcare aggregator business is a company that helps patients find the right doctor and hospital. The company connects patients with doctors, hospitals, and health insurance providers on their platforms. The platform lists all the necessary healthcare information in one single web page thus making it easy for its users to filter and choose the best options.
A Healthcare Aggregator Business has a database of all healthcare providers their plans, as well as information about the quality of care that each provider offers. Consumers can search for and compare health plans or providers based on their location, price, quality of care, etc.
2. How Does a Healthcare Aggregator Business Work?
A healthcare aggregator business is a business model that aggregates offerings from a variety of healthcare providers and packages them into one platform, allowing consumers to access these services through one convenient platform.
In return they charge a fee or commission from healthcare providers or users or both for the services and products they offer online.
The healthcare aggregator business acts as a bridge between patients and healthcare providers, enabling the users to access healthcare services more easily and conveniently at the comfort of their home. The healthcare service provided by these businesses typically include;
- Doctor Consultation
- Hospital Information like Medical procedure booking, bed booking, Medical pacakages comparison etc
- Connecting to Urgent care centres like Day-care, Old age Care, Children care etc
- Insurance policy companies like Comparing Insurance Policies, Buying Insurance policy services etc.
Healthcare aggregators businesses are revolutionizing the healthcare industry by taking care of all the administrative tasks. They make it easier for healthcare providers and consumers to get their work done without the hassle of tedious paperwork.
3. What is the Total Global Market size of Healthcare Industry?
The global healthcare industry is around $10 trillion and is expected to reach around $14 trillion by the end of 2030.At the CAGR of 9.5% per annum due to strong demand and growing markets.
4. How to Plan Your Healthcare Aggregator Business Website
When creating a Healthcare Aggregator business website, it’s important to incorporate user experience and lead conversion optimization into the design. Your website or apps message must be clear and concise in order to accomplish your goals. When designing your website keep in sync with the Sales Funnel, and determine which type of product you’ll offer and how you will serve the data to the users.
Here’s are few important points to consider when planning and building your Healthcare Aggregator website:
- Highlight the Value Proposition: Design the Healthcare Aggregator Website based on your target audience’s needs and pain points, and communicates your unique value proposition clearly and effectively.
- Create a user flow: A user flow is a diagram that maps out what a user will do when they start using your website platform. This will help you create a user experience that is more inclusive, user relevant and and easy to use.
- Develop wireframes: Wireframes are a great way to plan ahead and avoid common pitfalls. They help you understand the layout of your website and their functionality before moving on to development. This is done by refine site’s design, including all the key areas like navigation, content, and layout and enhance the users experience.
- Test and refine: Test your website with users and make refinements based on their feedback. Test the user experience in terms of usability, performance, and aesthetics. Website testing helps you determine which aspects are working well and which need improvement.
- Ensure compliance: Regulations are increasingly becoming strict and costly. Make sure your website is compliant with all relevant Healthcare regulations, IT regulation, Data Security Regulations and other Data Privacy and Security measures. Ensure that your website is compliant with all relevant regulation before you lauch your website live.
5. Which are The Different Types of Healthcare Aggregator Businesses
Healthcare aggregators are online platforms that collect and present healthcare-related data and services. Here are five different types of healthcare aggregator businesses:
i) Doctor and Healthcare Provider Aggregators:
These Healthcare Aggregator platforms have multiple listings with different healthcare providers. This makes it easy for people to find the best doctors for their needs. These aggregators make it easier by providing a list of doctors based on location, specialty, price, etc.. This list is updated continually and provides users with information about the best local doctors at their fingertips.
ii) Medical Information Aggregators:
Medical Information aggregators are a growing trend in the healthcare industry. Medical information aggregators provide users with up-to-date information on all types of diseases and medical conditions, treatments, and medications. They also offer users step-by-step guides and medically approved articles on how to take care of their health.
iii) Health Insurance Aggregators:
These Healthcare Aggregator websites provide users with information on health insurance plans. Users can find and filter plans that meet their needs, compare plans, and apply for coverage online.
They give consumers the power to find a plan that is both affordable and meets their needs. They also provide health insurance providers with a new way to reach customers.
iv) Telemedicine Aggregators:
The Telemedicine aggregators help people to access the consulting services with healthcare professionals in a more convenient, accessible format. They provide users with an easy way of connecting with healthcare professional by scheduling appointments and seeking the best medical consultations from the best available practitioner from the comfort of their home.
v) Medical Device and Equipment Aggregators:
Medical device and equipment aggregators are a new business model that is taking the health care market by storm. This model works by providing patients with information about medical devices, such as home health monitors and mobility aids, at a fraction of the cost. They can also provide users with pricing and reviews of the equipment they are interested in.
Theses Healthcare aggregators are revolutionising the healthcare businesses by providing services and information about health-related topics to their users. They offer a variety of services and information about the latest treatments, medications, doctors, hospitals, etc.
What is a Grocery Aggregator Business? 5 important points Why they are disrupting traditional grocery business.
6. What factors to consider before starting a healthcare company or healthcare Aggregator business
Starting a healthcare aggregator business is a lucrative, rewarding venture. However, it requires careful consideration, research and thorough planning and research. These are some factors that are important to consider before starting a healthcare startup and developing your healthcare aggregator platform.
Before you decide to start a healthcare aggregator business, you should think about the following factors:
1. Comply with All Healthcare Regulation
Healthcare is a highly regulated industry, and it is important to ensure that your aggregator business complies with all relevant laws and regulations. The following are the key compliance areas for healthcare industry to be followed in India that are mandatory to comply by all healthcare businesses :
- Drugs and Cosmetics Act, 1940: This act regulates the import, manufacture, distribution, and sale of drugs and cosmetics in India
- Medical Devices Rules, 2017: These rules regulate the import, manufacture, distribution, and sale of medical devices in India.
- Clinical Establishments (Registration and Regulation) Act, 2010: This act regulates the registration and regulation of clinical establishments, including hospitals, clinics, and diagnostic centers.
- Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India: The Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) is the premium collection, regulatory and development authority for the Indian insurance industry. It has been set up as per the provisions of Section 3A of The Insurance Act, 1938.
- HIPAA: The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 protects the privacy of personal health information. It also ensures that patients have access to their medical records and can be reimbursed for medical expenses.
2. Determine your Perfect Revenue model
Revenue models determine the ways in which your Healthcare Aggregator Business will make money. There are different ways in which the company can make money and they vary depending on what services you provide and how you provide them.
There are three main types of revenue models: subscription fees, commissions, or Hybrid revenue.
- Subscription Model: A subscription is a recurring fee paid by the customer to you for a service or a product that they use. This type of revenue model is often the most preferred revenue model by businesses that provide an online service as the revenue are assured and recurring and in most cases prepaid. Healthcare Aggregator business are moving towards subscription-based revenue model lately to cover cost and boost revenues. example Practo
- Commission model: A commission is an amount of money paid to the aggregator platform by a service provider in exchange for selling their products or service to the customer. This type of revenue model is often used by aggregator businesses that sell products like medical equipment’s, Prescription drugs and other medical products etc on their platform.
- Hybrid revenue model: A hybrid revenue model is a business model that combines different revenue streams to cover to a wider audience base and create more stability for the company, and manage risk. The goal of a hybrid revenue model is to create a diversified income stream that is less reliant on any single source of revenue.
More healthcare aggregator businesses are moving towards Hybrid revenue model by combining multiple revenue streams like Commission, Subscription, Advertising, Direct Sales etc.
3. Build Strong Partnerships with Vendors
Health care is a multi-billion-dollar industry and is expected to grow even more in the future. Establishing a strong and reliable partnerships with all healthcare providers, insurers, and other industry players is an essential and critical part of starting a healthcare aggregator business. These partnerships are very beneficial for both the Healthcare providers and aggregator platform by providing them access to new markets and audiences without having to build out a costly marketing campaign from scratch.
The success of your Healthcare aggregator business is largely dependent on the relationships that you established with Healthcare service providers. Strong partnerships can help your business grow and prosper, while bad partnerships can lead to a company’s downfall.
Here are some tips to help you establish and maintain strong partnerships program with your service provider.
- Clear communication: The key to any successful partnership is clear and open communication.
- Mutual benefits: A strong partnership is built on mutual benefits.
- Consistency: Consistency is key to building trust and a good reputation.
- Collaborate: Active Collaboration is key to building strong partnerships.
- Relationship building: Building trustworthy long term relationships is essential to building strong partnerships.
The health care industry is a difficult one to be in, with many companies failing and many more struggling to stay afloat. As a result, it’s important to work with other businesses that can help you succeed. However, this may require you to float additional investment and more tighter negotiation, but it can also lead to greater success and profitability.
4. Use Good Technology and Stay Updated
When building your healthcare aggregator platform, it is important to make sure that the technology stack and development team you choose will be able to handle and meet the demand of your business. You may need to use a content management system (CMS) or a programming language like Python, Node.js, or Ruby on Rails to build your website. You may also consider using a CMS like WordPress or Drupal for your website.
When building your platform through any content management system or programming language, it is important to consider features your company may need in the future. The CMS and other ancillary technologies you choose should be able to handle heavy traffic smoothly along with a robust server’s that do not freeze under high bandwidth.
Technology plays a vital role in an aggregation business success. It helps them to differentiate from competition and stay on top of consumer trends and provide their customers with relevant content that they need at their fingertips. Not only it makes your businesses become more efficient by making the workflows faster and more efficient but also helps to create new features for the customers as well as increase revenue through improved customer retention rates
Technology required for starting a Healthcare Aggregator Business are:
- Database management systems, like MySQL or PostgreSQL
- Web servers like Apache, Nginx, and Microsoft IIS
- Web application frameworks like Ruby on Rails or Django
- Content management system like WordPress
7. What is the cost of starting a Healthcare Aggregator Business in India?
The cost of starting a Healthcare Aggregator Business in India is high. It requires a lot of capital to get started and the market is highly competitive.
The Cost of starting a Healthcare Aggregator Business may vary greatly depending on costs for Apps and Website development, Hosting and other administrative cost and business overheads. However, on an average a basic healthcare aggregator start-up with optimal investment and decent web platform could cost any here between the range from $30,000 to $150,000 depending on the business scale.
In, India the cost of starting a Healthcare Aggregator Business can run into the range of between ₹25 lakhs to ₹2 crore for basic startup. The overall capital requirement may increase or decrease with the scope and scale of the business.
Starting a Healthcare Aggregators business is becoming increasingly popular owing to strong demand from users who are enjoying great value such platform provide by easy way to compare prices, quality, and availability of services in each area.
The healthcare aggregators market was estimated at $170 billion by 2025 and is expected to reach another $50 billion by 2030, growing at a CAGR of over 16% during the forecast period. The global healthcare industry has witnessed extensive growth across major regions, increasing the demand for healthcare services worldwide.
Please Share this Post